Sunday, September 28, 2008

Creepy Crawlies

Okay, what's the deal with arachnids and insects at my house lately???

This spider was in the corner of my office. I only saw it because I was at my computer and Dirk walked in. As I turned and looked up to talk to him, I saw it! I made him take the picture before I made him kill it, which was pretty tricky since it was suspended away from the wall in it's web. Dirk you are my hero, and quite the photographer I might add. I love how you can see the web.

And here's the other large spider I found under the eave on the porch. This one was gray and fuzzy. It's web was cool too, but you can't see it here. Oh well...




This grasshopper was at the top of the wall on my front porch. I'm pretty proud of myself for getting as close as I did to something that can jump really far. No joke this thing was a good 4 inches! Eww!!!!

4 comments:

Cula said...

GROSS!!! OUr house has also had an infestation of unusually large spiders and other nasty bugs. Wierd.

Anonymous said...

It's bug season right now. The light outside our apartment attracts all sorts of funny creatures, but luckily the only thing to venture inside is ants. Shout-out to Ortho Home Defense Max! It's a spray that's odorless and not aerosol, so it's kid and pet friendly once it dries, and lasts up to six months. Pick it up at Home Depot!

Unknown said...

EWW!!!!!!!!! I HATE, HATE spiders, almost as much as I hate roaches :) And I have had plently of those!

DRS and DDS said...

Ick! Wouldn't Daddy just love these....NOT!