Monday, September 27, 2010

Oh My HUGENESS!!!

Here is a home with two yummy snacks awaiting the builder/master trapper... The main circular part is over 2 feet wide, and it's "anchors" stretch over 6 feet...
This is whats 10 feet beyond my backdoor right now!!! This is the BIGGEST spider other than a tarantula that I've ever seen! This pic below has an ant next to it for comparison. It's rear is the width of my index finger (which isn't small). Yeah, this sucker is pretty big.

"Does my butt look big?"

5 comments:

Cula said...

That is sooooooo gross!! I actually flinched and lifted my feet off the ground.

megan said...

Nasty huh! After I posted the pics, I captured it in a jar so that I can identify it...it actually has a black marking on its belly with white on it...still have no idea what it is! Some say it's a brown widow...eeewwwww!

Heidi Reads... said...

AAACK! Great shots, though, especially the last two! Nice job on the close-up focusing :)

The Mayhews said...

I'm like Cula, my toes are still curled. That's icky. And I about laughed at the end of Heidi's comment, because i thought the same thing. lol - photographers.

Krissy said...

Holy moley-- that looks like a FL spider! Gross! A couple weeks ago, Allie spotted a black widow at the intersection where we cross the street in walking her to school-- yeah, right under the button you push. Shiver...